ME-SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services: Hands-On
Course Duration: 5 days
You Will Learn How To
- * Leverage SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services to produce sophisticated reports
- * Author robust reports that extract business intelligence out of your data
- * Extract relevant report data using parameters and filters
- * Render interactive reports with drill-down and drill-through features
- * Deploy reports to a Report Server for centralized access and administration
- * Secure reports in the Reporting Services environments
The ability of an organization to deliver business-critical reports to customers, partners, suppliers and employees is a vital component of remaining competitive. SQL Server Reporting Services augments SQL Server and other database management systems to meet these demanding requirements. In this course, you gain the knowledge and skills to write robust reports, mine important data and deliver reports for centralized access and administration.
Who Should Attend
Those designing, creating or delivering reports from a database with SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services.
Previous exposure to any database system or spreadsheet will be of advantage.
Throughout this course, you gain extensive experience creating and managing reports using Reporting Services. Exercises include:
- * Authoring free-form reports including images, calculated fields and groups
- * Implementing advanced navigation using drill down, drill through and document maps
- * Deploying reports manually and automatically
- * Creating cached instances, snapshots and subscriptions
- * Configuring and testing security on report items
- * Building and applying a currency converter function