Implementing & Maintaining MS-SQL Server 2008 Integration Services
Course Duration: 5 days
You Will Learn How To
- * Migrate and transform data using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- * Upgrade DTS packages and perform imports and exports
- * Assemble tasks to perform complex data migrations
- * Enhance package functionality with scripting
- * Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) data
- * Integrate Business Intelligence components
In order to improve business intelligence capabilities, organizations must effectively and securely manage data migration across a myriad of platforms. In this course, you gain the skills to automate complex migration tasks and audit the success or failure of migration processes. You learn to solve data management problems by creating dynamic packages for migrating, processing, and reporting on data for business intelligence.
Who Should Attend
SQL Server developers, administrators and analysts who need to migrate and transform data among diverse platforms.
A basic knowledge of databases, SQL and scripting is helpful.
During this course, participants will perform extensive hands-on exercises that provide in-depth experience. Exercises include:
- * Upgrading packages with the DTS Migration Wizard
- * Converting data among heterogeneous sources: Oracle, Access and others
- * Manipulating package variables with scripting
- * Handling errors and managing exception rows
- * Administering the storage, security and execution of packages
- * Writing data to multiple destinations with multicasting