Linux Red Hat Introduction
Course Duration: 3 days
This course is designed as an Introduction to Linux and the Gnome desktop for a professional who needs to learn the basics about the Linux operating system.
Students will learn how to log in and out of Linux and will learn how to effectively use windows and desktops. In addition, students will use the Gnome environment to manage Information, work with Linux programs, customize the desktop, and access and browse the Web. Students will also have opportunity to explore the command line, which is an alternative environment for working with Linux.
You will Learn How to
- * Log in and log out of Linux, identify the components of the Linux desktop, and access basic Linux features.
- * Control multiple windows and move among desktop areas.
- * Use the File Manager to manage files and directories.
- * Work with a variety of applications that are included with the Red Hat Linux distribution and use common program techniques.
- * Gain experience working in the Linux command line environment.
- * Customize the Linux desktop to best suit their needs.
- * Access the Internet and use the basic functions of the Netscape Communicator environment.
Participants will learn how to use the Linux environment to locate and manageinformation, work with Linux programs, customize the desktop, access and browsethe Web.
There are no prerequisite courses required for this course; however, it would be helpful to have a basic knowledge of computer operations, including an understanding of the function of operating systems. No Linux knowledge is assumed.
- * Working With Windows and Desktop
- * Managing Files in Linux
- * Understanding Linux Applications
- * The Command Line Environment
- * Customizing Linux Settings
- ?* Using Linux to Browse the Web