Microsoft® Project: Planning, Tracking and Reporting
Course Duration: 3 days
You Will Learn How To
- * Plan, build and manage project schedules and budgets using Microsoft Project Professional
- * Build a project plan, enter tasks and develop calendars
- * Establish task constraints and deadlines, and create task dependencies
- * Forecast and allocate human and material resources
- * Track progress, update plans and monitor variances between target and actual project deliverables
- * Create dynamic reports and custom views to communicate project information
Project managers must work within tight schedules, manage resources across the organization and deliver results on time and within budget. Microsoft Project is a powerful tool to help you break a project down into manageable parts, identify potential bottlenecks and keep your project on track. In this course, you learn how to solve typical project and business problems using the planning, controlling and reporting features of Microsoft Project.
Project Teams, scheduling officers, Team Leaders, Project Managers and anyone who needs to use Microsoft Project to plan, manage or control a project.
Familiarity with project management terminology such as tasks, resources and critical path is helpful.
- * Understanding the power of MS Project in Managing Project
- * Building a Project Plan from Scratch
- * Creating your plan in Microsoft Project
- * Designating calendars
- * Scheduling project tasks
- * Creating and Assigning Resources
- * Managing resources
- * Calculating cost and budgeting
- * Keeping Your Project on Track