Contract Management: Principles and Practices
Course Duration: 3 days
You will Learn how to;
- * Identify contract components and understand the process from start to finish
- * Select the right contract type for your project
- * Decipher contract legalese
- * Choose the offer that will result in the best value for the buyer
- * Agree on objectives, requirements, plans and specifications
- * Negotiate favorable terms and make revisions to the contract
- * Apply rules of contract interpretation in project disputes
- * Administer contracts appropriately, and know when and how to terminate before or upon completion
Effective contract negotiation and administration can ensure project success, speed performance, and reduce risks and costs along HCG the way. Discover the keys to contracting from your perspective in this practical course.
Get an overview of all phases of contracting, from requirements development to closeout. See how incentive can be used to improve contract results.
Lectures are combined with case studies, exercise and negotiation role-playing to maximize the learning experience. Plus, you’ll receive a comprehensive course materials package, including reference materials specific to each unit of the course.
- * Understanding the Contract Management Process
- * Teamwork—Roles and Responsibilities
- * Concepts and Principles of Contract Law
- * Contracting Methods
- * Developing Contract Pricing Agreements
- * Pre-award Phase
- * Award Phase
- * Contract Administration